Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated
Delta Rho Lambda
Pi Theta Lambda
History of San Antonio Alphas
The Delta Rho Lambda chapter, located in San Antonio, Texas, has served as a progressive voice of Alpha since its chartering in 1949. The chapter is committed to being change agents in the communities of San Antonio by implementing the National Programs/Special Projects mandated by the Fraternity’s Corporate Headquarters. Saturday, September 3, 1949, Antonio Maceo Smith, Vice President of the Southwestern Region of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. administered the oath of charter to eight professional black men establishing Delta Rho Lambda Chapter in San Antonio, Texas.
Under the leadership of the chapters’ first President, Bro. Andrews, Delta Rho Lambda established scholarships, conducted voter registration drives, raised and contributed funds for the United Negro College Fund, and took a leading role in many cultural activities. Today the brothers of Delta Rho continue the glowing legacy of our national founders, the Jewels, and the cold bold eight of our chapter in service to all mankind.
History of the PTL Alamo Alphas
In the late 1980s, a group of Alpha Phi Alpha members were desirous to supply the San Antonio community with a more progressive Alpha agenda. These Brothers assembled as an oasis of Brotherhood purposed to do the work of Alpha in the community while being engaged in Alpha’s affairs statewide, regionally and nationally.
Pi Theta Lambda chapter, has always been a diverse body, with its membership comprised of: retired military and active duty personnel, local government and federal employees, businessmen and entrepreneurs, scientists and engineers, medical and legal professionals, educators and academics that hail from all parts of the country. Throughout Pi Theta Lambda’s 27 year history, the chapter has established strategic partnerships, and is actively engaged in a wide range of outreach activities in the community.
Quick Fraternity Facts
December 4, 1906 at Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. Incorporated as a perpetual body in 1908
Black and Old Gold
2313 Saint Paul Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
Eric Bass, Chapter Representative/SA-NPHC Corresponding Secretary
Dr. Philip Parker, Chapter President- Delta Rho Lambda
John A Smith, Chapter Representative
Michael Torres, Chapter President- Pi Theta Lambda